Thursday 20 September 2012

New Resident Evil Movie

Watched this film with my wife last night and boy was I disappointed. My wife hates these films but agreed to view it with me. Now I'm out the cost of the film and a choc top ice cream and owe her bigtime for sitting through this sorry excuse for a sequel of a great original film.

Paul Anderson wrote and directed the film. I think they should have saved some of the money from the predictable 3D special effects and brought in a writer! Direction was fine for the action scenes but the concepts were pedestrian and  appropriated. I felt like it was a either a really long ad for a video game or perhaps it is a walkthrough for those who will purchase it.

Two identical hulking "mutations"decorated with large spikes or nails and ridiculously enormous meat tenderisers were reminiscent of Silent Hill. At one point I fully expected Alice to yell out, "Get away from her you bitch". Perhaps it was a homage to another series Anderson has worked on. And I can accept fast zombies, but fast zombies firing AK47s!! ... While riding motorcycles!!!!!!! Please!

We should have seen Bait 3D instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment